Want to attend a technical school but have other obligations during the day? Evening classes are a great way to advance in your career while still holding down a job or taking care of your family. Don’t let your daily obligations get in the way of your dreams.
The Benefits of Evening Classes
Flexibility – Working during the day is important in order to be able to pay the bills, but what if you want to advance in your career or find a better job?
With evening classes, you would have enough time to attend a technical school and hold down a job. You would also have the flexibility to take care of your family during the day and attend classes at a technical school during the evening. Evening classes at a technical school can give you the flexibility you need to do the things you want.
Small Classes – Evening classes at a technical school are typically smaller with less students than in the day.
Relationships with Peers – Create greater bonds with fellow classmates as you share common experiences with students who also cannot afford the time to attend this technical school during the day. Smaller class sizes during evening courses allow you to get closer with classmates and create life-long friendships.
No Friday Classes – What is better than a day off? Many evening programs run Monday through Thursday, leaving you time to study and attend to other duties over a full weekend.
Better Concentration – If you are a night owl or learn better in the evening then classes during the evening at a technical school may be right for you.
Same Quality – At many technical schools, you get the same quality instruction and features during the evening as are offered during the day.
What Evening Technical Programs are Offered in the Long Island Area?
Hunter Business School is located on Long Island and offers evening programs that help students who may have other obligations during the day. The evening programs prepare students for entry-level positions, such as computer technician networking specialist, medical assistant, medical billing specialist, medical office administrator, and practical nurse.
- Computer Technician Networking Specialist – This is a diploma program that can be finished in 15 months while attending evening classes. The Computer Technician Networking Specialist diploma program helps students understand the inner workings of computers. The program prepares technical students to take the CompTIA A+ certification exam. During evening classes, the technical student prepares for entry-level positions in the fields of electronics, computer technology, and networking.
- Medical Assistant – This diploma program can be finished in 15 months while attending evening classes. The evening Medical Assistant program provides hands-on experience in a real medical setting to foster professional relationships with actual patients. Medical Assistant students are prepared to take exams from any of three certification agencies: the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) to become a National Certified Medical Assistant; the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) to become a Certified Medical Assistant; or American Medical Technologists (AMT) to become a Registered Medical Assistant.
- Medical Billing Specialist – This diploma program can be finished in only three months while attending evening classes. The Medical Billing Specialist diploma program prepares students to obtain entry-level employment specializing in medical related billing and coding.
- Medical Office Administration – This is a diploma program that can be finished in 10 months while attending evening classes. Graduates of the Medical Office Administration diploma program can obtain entry-level employment as a medical office specialist or patient coordinator.
- Practical Nursing – This diploma program is the only one at Hunter that can lead to a state license. It can be finished in 14 months while attending evening classes. The evening classes of the Practical Nursing diploma program provide graduates with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to be a successful licensed practical nurse (LPN). The diploma program prepares evening students for the NCLEX-PN, the National Council Licensure Examination.
Whether you are a night owl, have to take care of your family, or currently work during the day, evening classes may be your opportunity to move into a career that gives you satisfaction and a sense of fulfillment.
The Evening Classes at Hunter Business School are designed to prepare you for entry-level positions in rewarding and demanding career fields. Hunter Business School is an educational institution accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
Learn about the Top 10 Reasons to Attend Hunter Business School.
In addition, it has obtained candidacy status for accreditation by the Commissions on Secondary Schools, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and plans to be fully accredited after the autumn 2017 commissioner’s meeting.
To access information on our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other consumer data regarding programs leading to gainful employment at Hunter Business School, please visit Consumer Information.