Below is just a sample of possible job leads for graduates of the Practical Nursing program.
For guidance and more options, please tap to email Courtney Rodriguez or call her at 516.796.1000, extension 117.
- Licensed Practical Nurse, Hicksville
- Licensed Practical Nurse, Islip
- Licensed Practical Nurse, West Babylon
- Licensed Practical Nurse, Hempstead
- Licensed Practical Nurse, Long Beach
- Licensed Practical Nurse, Massapequa
- Licensed Practical Nurse, Huntington Station
- Practice Licensed Practical Nurse, Great Neck
- Licensed Practical Nurse, Uniondale
- Licensed Practical Nurse, Commack
Are you interested in these nursing job listings and looking to attend a vocational school? The Practical Nursing program at Hunter Business School provides the graduate with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to function as a licensed practical nurse or LPN.
Fifty percent of the practical nurse training curriculum is devoted to theory and the other half to hands-on laboratory skills practice and off-site clinical externship rotations. These rotations include work at long-term care and rehabilitation facilities, hospitals, and childbearing and pediatric outpatient settings.
The Career Services department at Hunter Business School does more than prepare students for employment. Staff members help students get started in exciting, rewarding careers and make the transition to the workplace as quickly and easily as possible. Questions about jobs are answered promptly and professionally, and any concerns are addressed.
- Job interviewing skills
- Résumé preparation
- Cover and thank you letter writing
- Clinical externship rotations
- Career counseling and support