Certification Exams (M)
May 20 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Students should report to the Career Services office by 11:45 a.m.
Hunter Business School administers onsite certification exams for Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy Technician, ECG (EKG) Technician, and Insurance and Coding Specialist through the National Center for Competency Testing. For tests through other certifying agencies—the American Association of Medical Assistants or American Medical Technologists—please see Rosanne Romano, the Medical Assistant program director, or tap to email her.
Hunter will reimburse students $90 toward the registration fee for any of the Medical Assistant exams (excludes exams that are only for phlebotomy and/or only for EKG) as long as the following criteria have been met. Graduates must have
- achieved attendance of at least 90 percent by the last day of the program (includes externship), excluding make-up time.
- passed the precertification exam that is part of the final Certification Review with Career Development class with a score of 80 or higher.
- a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 (C) by the last day of class prior to externship.
- planned to take the certification test within six months from the last day of externship.
- satisfied all financial obligations with the school.
The deadline to sign up for the National Center for Competency Testing exam is Monday, May 6.